Effective from 1st August 2019
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before engaging with our site. It is important that you should understand that by entering any challenge on our site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions unless that agreement contradicts English law.
Information about Us
Running Mad is a small, independent Non-Profit Organisation and has no association or affiliation with any other company unless specifically advised in respect to sponsoring medals. We don’t have to tell you that but thought you might like to know.
By using this site, including when entering any challenge, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to update and/or amend these terms and conditions from time to time, so you are advised to check them regularly. In respect of any entry or order for the purchase of products, that order will be governed by the terms and conditions in place at the date of that order (subject to any subsequent amendments required by law).
By placing an entry through our site, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract and you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under 18 and entering a Family or Children’s Challenge, your entry should be submitted by your parent.
The entry prices of our Challenges are clearly shown on each relevant page and are normally correct. However, we are only human and can make mistakes. We, therefore, reserve the right to cancel entry where the price shown is clearly erroneous.
On submission of your entry, you will receive an email from us confirming its receipt. Your entry will constitute an undertaking by you to us to complete the challenge and submit your evidence in the timeframe agreed. We will confirm that your payment has been received and your reward will be despatched on the scheduled date once your evidence has been submitted and verified.
If payment is not received or is reversed the entry will be cancelled. if you have problems paying for your entry please contact us: Email: [email protected] and we will do what we can to assist.
This site is controlled and operated by us from our offices in the UK. We make no representation that material on the site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent that local laws are applicable. We use reasonable efforts to regularly update the site, but make no representation or warranty in respect of the accuracy or lack of errors. We are human beings. Use of the site is at the risk of the user. We take no responsibility for direct, indirect or consequential loss from use of the site and all implied warranties are excluded to the extent permissible under English law. We accept no liability for viruses infecting the user’s PC following its use of the audio, video, data or text on the site.
Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the entry price of the challenge you entered. Without in any way limiting our liability for death and/or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of duty, we will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss. Without limiting your statutory rights, we will not be held liable for any failure to fulfil our obligations hereunder caused by events beyond our reasonable control. No failure by us to enforce a right hereunder will be deemed a waiver of that right. Any condition or term herein deemed for any reason invalid or legally unenforceable will be deemed severable from these terms and conditions and will not affect the enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance of, any of our obligations in connection with an order that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
Strikes, lock‐outs or other industrial action. Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not ) or threat or preparation for war. Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disasters. Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport. Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks. The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
Our performance in regard to any entry is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
You agree that communications between you and us will be made by email or other electronic means, and you consent to receive all communications from us in an electronic format. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree that you have elected to enter any agreement for the purchase of products electronically and to receive any required communications, notices or updates in an electronic format.
You may not transfer or assign any of your rights under these terms and conditions. We may transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations at any time where we reasonably believe that your rights will not be affected.
These terms and conditions and any orders made from the site are governed by English law. Any dispute or conflict arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or an order from the site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any order and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
From time to time Running Mad promotional codes may become available for entries on this site. When entering, please insert the relevant promotional code at the checkout to qualify for your discount. Running Mad reserves the right to withdraw offers at any time. Promotional codes may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or merchandising promotions.
All material on this site is the copyright of Running Mad. Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. Licence to copy for personal use: You may read, view, print and download the material on these pages for your personal, non‐commercial use only. Licence to recopy for limited purposes: You may recopy the material to individual third parties for their personal information only, but only if: you acknowledge the site as the source of the material. You must include such acknowledgement and the site address (www.runningmad.co.uk) in the copy of the material, and inform the third party that these conditions apply to him or her and that he/she must comply with them. This licence to re‐copy does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of the site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose. No part of the site may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other website or another form of the electronic retrieval system.
Images and Licensing
All of our images used on our medals are either:
- Drawn by a member of our design team at Running Mad Or
- Have been acquired by purchase of enhanced licence by the owner of the image through shutterstock.com or similar (Also credited in race description)
For full use of enhanced licences that are used for our medals please contact us.
All of our medals are intended as parody, caricature and pastiche, as set out in Section 30A and Schedule 2 (2A) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Our medals are not affiliated or created by any other organisation other than Running Mad or those names in section (b)
Certain hypertext links in this site will lead you to sites which are not under our control. Links to third party websites on the site are provided solely for your convenience. When you activate any of these, you will leave the site. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any third party site to which a hypertext link exists and gives no representation or warranty (express or implied) as to the information contained on such sites.
We have no control over the nature and contents of such sites and do not endorse or make representations about those sites, the information they contain nor any third party’s products or services. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the site, you do so entirely at your own risk. In particular, please note that by downloading computer programs from certain sites, you risk infringing copyright and may introduce computer viruses into your own system.
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and
track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Categorisation of Cookies
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, e.g. shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided. For these types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for example, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. Don’t worry: they will do no harm.
For entrants 18 years and over: By completing an entry to a race, You certify you have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation for the event.
For entrants under 18 years: By completing an entry to a race, you certify you are the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 18 years and give your consent for them to participate in the event. You accept the terms and conditions for Participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the distance they have nominated.
- Entrants acknowledge that they will only receive a medal if they are registered by the cut off date listed on the organiser’s website and medals are mailed to the address provided on registration.
- Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event and completing the distance they have nominated. They are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
- Entrants acknowledge that this is a virtual run and that the organisers will not track or verify results or provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any entrant.
- Entrants consent to royalty-free use of their name, result, image, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers Recorded by Running Mad You further consent to receiving information about Running Mad events and special offers and promotions.
- Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry form and is not transferable.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser, sponsors, volunteers, and employees involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
- For an entry to be valid, entrants must complete the entry form, and pay the required entry fee prior to the commencement of the event
- By entering this event, entrants consent to their personal information being used by Running Mad for media publication and announcement of results.
- Entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
- Entrants acknowledge they will participate and complete their nominated distance in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk.
- Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw for a non-medical reason, the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants acknowledge that the entry fee for the space in the race and not to ‘purchase’ the race medal. The medal is a reward for all completing entrants in the allocated time.
- Entrants acknowledge that by entering into a race and providing an email address through PayPal they will be added to our mailing list. Entrants can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any point by contacting the administrators.
- Evidence cannot be submitted before the opening date of a race. If a race is listed as a particular date you agree to submit evidence between the first and last date of that calendar month.